Going into a bakery is like my guilty pleasure. The best bakeries add beauty and style, with irresistible treats.
Since I’m a sudo-kinda social Vegan, with a massive sweet tooth; I’ve often wondered if I can combine both loves into one. When I met Talia, a Brooklyn based confectionary loving baker. She instantly shared her Earl Grey Cupcakes. She assured me that it is a surprising favorite. When I viewed Talia’s Instagram ( @BUTTERMLYK_COM) it was like food porn on acid.
The overwhelming thrill with no calories made my eyes water with much joy, with a side drizzle of drool. Her Vegan Brownies on first sight only made it worse, take a look below.
LEARN HOW TO MAKE VEGAN BROWNIES:
• 2 Tbsp flaxseed meal + 5 Tbsp water (mix and let it sit for 5 mins)
• 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
• 1/4 cup turbinado sugar (or any sugar of your choice)
• 1/4 cup maple or agave syrup
• 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
• 3/4 tsp baking powder
• 1/4 tsp sea salt
• 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• 3/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1:1 Baking Flour or any 1:1 gluten-free blend
• 1/4 cup fine almond meal
• walnuts or any other nuts for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Prepare 8×8 inch or similar baking dish – grease it or use parchment paper.
3. Prepare flax eggs and let the mixture sit for about 5 mins.
4. Combine all wet ingredients in a mixing bowl.
5. Combine all dry ingredients in another bowl.
6. Add the wet mixture to your dry ingredients and mix it with a rubber spatula.
7. Bake for 20-25 mins, depending on your oven.
8. Let it cool and enjoy.
9. Store it in the fridge.
No more sudo-social kinda… I can live with both sweets and semi-veganism. Special thanks to Talia for an awesome recipe. Visit Talia’s instagram at BUTTERMLYK_Com.